We enable agencies to implement external cloud access with CAC/PIV cards to address important security and compliance issues including:
- Securing elevated-privilege accounts and controlling privileged user access to systems, regardless of where systems reside
- Controlling access to the cloud assets including consoles, and enforcing separation of duties for these ultimate superuser resources.
- Monitoring and recording console sessions
- Vaulting and managing the keys, credentials, and passwords required for access to administrative accounts and consoles
- Enabling PIV/CAC-based strong authentication for system administrators with elevated rights, without requiring changes in the way legacy systems currently handle passwords and shared accounts
- Enabling PIV/CAC-based authentication for management console users
- Allowing organizations to positively identify privileged users and track the actions they take, even if they are using shared accounts (e.g., root accounts)
- Complying with FISMA mandates, including new and updated controls in NIST SP 800-53 R4.